For a detailed description of the preserves, click above left on "Goods"

* * * * *

Monday, November 23, 2009

Introducing...




A society of one...

Seeking civilized folk who appreciate foods made with love and integrity, with a respect for tradition coupled with a curiosity that engenders healthy experimentation. In a jar.
When I was young, my grandparents' cellar was full of jars of produce they had "put up" in summer to last them through the winter.
Now neon yellow Heinz pickles and gummy 25% fruit jams dominate the supermarket, and no one has ever heard of chutney. Well, barely anyone.
Of course, we can't all be canning all the time anymore. It's simply not practical. People have busy lives, important things to do.
That's where I come in. I don't have anything else to do. And all I want to do is can. Maybe it's the survivalist in me. Or the glutton. I don't worry too much about it. I make jam, marmalade, chutney, and pickles.
Ingredients are local whenever possible and even sometimes handpicked. All my preserves are free of any artificial ingredients-- my jams, for instance, are made only with fruit, sugar and lemon juice. Heavy on the fruit, light on the sugar. People have been known to eat whole jars with a spoon, so watch out.
And pleased to meet you.

1 comment:

dagney booth hayden said...

Ha! Should Read: "People like Carlin have been known to eat a whole jar at a time!"